Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whitetail Expo's

Old 07-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question Whitetail Expo's

We are having a Whitetail Expo in our area this weekend,Louisville KY. and I've never been to one before. What can I expect at the Expo as far as who and what will be there. A group called the QDMA is puting it on and they seem to be a good group who works hard to teach better Deer management and therefore better Deer hunting. Is it a place to get good deals on hunting gear and truly useful information?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

my best bet would be calls, scents and other stuff like that
Old 07-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Spike

If it's any thing like the one in Columbus you will have to pay to park, pay to get in and pay full price for everything. It's one huge store that you have to pay to get into. I'll never go again!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

the dixie deer classic in raleigh is a pretty neat event every year. we have outdoor celebrities, outfitters, product exhibitions, 3d tournaments, lots of nice bucks on exhibit, and it's free to park. i'd say go and have a good time. i'm pretty sure they're all about the same. in my opinion they're a good primer for the upcoming season.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Spike

If it is like the ones I've been too in the past there will vendors selling everything kitchen kifves to hunting trips. I have always enjoyed them. Arkansas's is called "Big Buck Classic" and have oppunity to show your racks and mounts to see who has the biggest. Also you have the chance to see whats new in "got to haves" Go and enjoy.

Waymon
Old 07-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I once traveled all the way to WI's Whitetail Classic... mainly for their archery 3-D tournament. When I got there to pay my fees and start shooting, they sprung the rule I had 2 minutes to judge yardage, make sight adjustments and shoot 3 arrows at 3 different targets. I couldn't believe it. I never in my life heard of shooting to be that fast. I ended up not shooting that day and spent the rest of the time... or much of it walking around the vendor's tables. I never spent a dime there. LOL! Oh well, if it's a big event well planned, there should be many things to see and do.

iSnipe
Old 07-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Spike

The buckmaters expo in Montgomery, Al. is quite a show. You only have to bring one can of food to benefit those less fortunate to get in. Hats off to Bushman for this. The vendors there are normally cheaper than in their stores. Plenty of outfitters selling hunts.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Spike

Default Minnesota deer expo was very poor

This is my first post on this site and I dont mean to be negative but this past Minnesota deer expo had to improve greatly to be poor!!!

I went there thinking I would be able to get information on deer hunting, but really went to get ideas for food plots and to see what type of stands were available and get some ideas. The show was nothing more than a Lee and Tiffany show, and although I have nothing against them, it was really sad to watch all the vendors basically do nothing and share no information until Lee and Tiffany showed up. I thought it was very comical that the other hunting shows that were being promoted there had their people in the booth and they openly were talking about how sick they were of having to wait for these 2 but as soon as they showed up, they were all buddies..Anyway, maybe I shouldnt have expected so much, but if you went to the fairgrounds hoping to get real, useful information you probaly came away feeling the way I did.
I did have a friend that went to the Iowa expo and said he thought it was very informative, so maybe I just hit Minnesota on a bad day or year..
Old 07-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Spike

Default MN Deer Hunting Classic

I agree completely, the MN "Classic" was awful. It was a total waste of money for admission and was poorly attended by vendors. While their were a couple of neat gadgets, on the whole it was worthless - (several booths were Lake Michigan charter boat fishing operations). I spoke with many others at the Classic and they were equally disappointed, to say the least.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

i for one love columbus' all the seminars are free and and it is a great place to talk to people with dvds or shows and show them some of your material. and ive never seen much that is full price. i for one bought a 600$ bow for 400$ and a 40$ pack of magnus bullheads for 25$. i mean its a great time in my opinion