HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BLoody Meat..and how to prepare southern deer for the freezer
Old 07-29-2010, 07:35 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

"a hunters wife that dont like blood (what unherd of) lol."

It's rough tell me..she does have a lot of possitives..VERY SMART , 5 star good, beautiful, allows me all the time I want to hunt and fish and even buy toys to a certain degree..can cook the venison and hog perfectly..falls off the bone

now the negatives..she prays I don't bring nothing home..that's a hard pill to swallow, she's a cat lover ..we feed 10 ferrals that come into our home daily through the door I made.] -;..hey she's my wife..

I was disappointed the other day when she wouldn't even try some great backstrap..off a recent hog. She said," It's the blood..up north we used to hang the game.."Biblically speaking { We are Christians} "I think it's wrong to eat blood." She is correct ..and it is biblical so I posted this...I do remember way back that my dad was a perfectionist about everything and we would soak our suirrels about 2 hours ..Deer sesaon in Maryland was in Dec. so we would hang them..

I also know from experience that over soaking them will make your deer tasteles..that stinks too. I also know that bacteria can grow and produces in water..thus the reason for ice water..SO I plan to use salted ice water for about 5 hours..Our archery in FL is generally in 80degree weather.I need her to like eatting venison..need some encouragement here from the wife.{ -;

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-29-2010 at 07:37 AM.