HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - This or that in fishing.
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Question: You are walking through the woods to a fishing spot, and when you get to the water that you will be fishing, you see some guys using your stolen jon boat. You have no papers to identify the boat as yours, and you never registered it, so there is no proof in the legal system that it is yours, so the cops cant do anything. However, unmistakable markings on the boat tells you that it is yours with 100 percent definitiveness. You have your pistol with you for snakes.

Draw the gun and take the boat back?
Leave the situation alone since the boat was only 100 bux?

NO DOUBT..FOR ME the toughest question yet..I'm a nice guy in all BUT CRAP like this can cause me ot go off really fast..lot's to consider..how big are the guys..how old are the guys..There would no doubt be a confrontaion...In the classroom I deal with this all the time..first I'd try to give them a way out by saying..
"Hey..where did you guys find my boat at??" with a smile..? if they did not bite the hook.I'd get help..registered boat or not I'd call the authorities..
for 2 reasons ..
A To keep me from a physical confrontation
B. it may be just the move to have them hand the boat back over.

BUT I WOULD NOT PULL OUT MY GUN OVER A 100 DOLLAR BOAT

Next Question and this happened to me in the Blue ridge of Va..a new church member tells me of a great trout stream..I was unaware that it was a hatchery...I quickly caught 4 beautiful rainbows ..then I hear.."Come out of the woods ..Game Warden" OH CRAP!!! what do ya do..

A. Hide the fish and come back later..and run from the warden.

B. Bring fish out and tell the truth to the warden hoping for mercy

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-23-2010 at 12:26 PM.