HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Another way to ruin hunting
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 06:13 PM
deermeat01
Spike

corpsman45,
I was in you situation 8 years ago when i retired from the navy and hadnt hunted in 20 some years. i had to start learning to hunt all by my self until 2 yrs later i ran into a high school buddy i hadnt seen in 23 years who just happened to be a hunting freak.
I had to learn about scent control, noise discipline, stand placement ect.. but i also had to put up with his quest for the ever bigger buck and his insistance on me only shooting 6ptrs 15 inchers or better. But i was trying to put meat in the freezer, i continued to kill what i came across, improving what i did every year. now i kill between 8-10 deer every year. some are very big and some are not so big. i love it when a 4-5 yr old buck walks in to my trap, but i also wont pass up a 2yo. my buddy still gives me a hard time about it but my responce is almost always the same.."no matter how much salt i put on the horns they still dont tast that good".."their only good to stir the soup with". keep hunting and learning from you mistakes, read every thing you can about hunting and keep reading this site and ask these folks your questions.

Last edited by deermeat01; 07-15-2010 at 06:18 PM.