HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - feeding the family
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 12:24 PM
sussexhunter
Fork Horn

big country, you raise a point about the size equivalence of a big buck to four small ones. It might be a little over kill of a comparison, but I do see your point. A little food for thought, is it realistic that you may only pass up on four deer before killing a nice mature buck. There are parts of DE that have very nice mature bucks. There are also parts that do not. One thing I ve noticed since moving from PA is, these guys are well fed. They dont have to climb up and down mountains all day and scavenge for food. They are practically livestock in their dietary lifestyles. I have noticed that many of the larger deer are on private land. My cousin in law shot two 12 pointers last year on his buddies farm. I do not have much land to hunt on and the surrounding areas are public, its like a company picnic during shotgun season. I will say that when the freezer gets close to full and my wife has canned all the meat she is willing to can in a year, I dont mind to wait and see what comes out after a few does.