HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - an E-mail i received from an anti..crossbow guy
Old 07-08-2010, 06:14 AM
moosemike
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
????? Are you kidding? besides the beautiful scenery, there is NOTHING to happy about in this ridiculous state , Ill run a few reason out there for ya.

-Gun control is our politicians favorite pastime
-magazine, bayonet, pistol grip, and flash surpressor restrictions
-Pistol permits are a long shot for anyone whos ever been arrested (not convicted)for anything, and even if you are lucky enough to get one, theres restrictions on how, and when you can carry, or even possess it, and god forbid you were to ever use it to defend yourself! in a home invasion youre legally obligated to flee.
-98$ resident hunting licenses!!!!!
-35$res. fishing license!!!!!! 30$ public land boat permit!!!!! + boat regi $$$$$
- some of the highest property taxes despite having some of the worst roads you ever saw.
- you cannot possess a firearm and a bow, during archery season, so basically I cannot duck hunt in the morning, and bow hunt deer in the after noon without going home and dropping off the gun and picking up the bow. Even LEOs cannot carry a sidearm while bowhunting.
-trigger locks are mandatory while transporting any firearm in your car.
-Even if you go through the grueling process of getting a pistol permit, you still have to do a nics checks to buy a gun (WTFs the permit for then???)
-the state has NO $$$$$$ despite the over taxation of everything, and is a hair away from bankruptcy ,meaning it will have to beg pimp daddy obamma for a bailout soon.
-Bloomberg,schumer,paterson,gillibrand,the clintons,the UN...need I say more???

Tell me, is that pile of sht, something someone whos into hunting, shooting, and fishing, or just appreciates liberty, might not be happy about,the list goes on and on. NYS sucks!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, thats not enough for the anti xbow knobs, right? lets allow the antihunting/antigun politicians, and legislature, to restrict us some more! screw the all folks who want to participate and enjoy the archery season with a user friendly X bow, might actally increase interest in hunting, oh no, we cant have that now can we? Gotta have the freakin woods all to ourselves cause we shoot our bows vertically.

A simple move to PA would fix most of those problems for you. But I think your deer herd is better than ours.