HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting rifle/ Target rifle opinions please
Old 07-05-2010, 07:40 PM
nyorange
Fork Horn

If your talking target shooting the 308 should get the nod with
the wealth of ammo available. 270 is the odd man out when it comes to ammo selection and cheap fmj surplus ammo. All 3 will kill equally well. As far as rifles, none of your choices are my favorite but the rem is always a nice looker and good shooter. The tikka and its included rings have that cheap budget look and feel. I put as much faith in that 1 inch guarantee as those extended warranty offers they send me in the mail for my car. Despite all the multitude of people touting that "guarantee" over the internet I have yet to hear of one person who has bought one that didn't pass muster. I highly doubt that every single tikka is 1moa rifle. More likely most tikka shooters can't even tell if their rifle was a 1 moa gun. Again I highly doubt that all of these great shooters are out there buying entry level tikkas. At least with Weatherby's you know the really good ones(1moa or less) become there "guarantee" rifles and the rest become regular old weatherby/ howas. Where do the avg shooting tikkas end up? do their accountants tell them to throw them out? No offense to tikka shooters. take care, just another opinion. Hope everyone had a good independence day weekend.