HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So crossbow are legal now......
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 05:35 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by bigbulls
First of all, it's not up to me, it's up to the state to decide what you can use during the rut. Just as it is up to them as to whether they allow center fire rifles at all. Just as it is theirs to decide what minimum arrow weight, minimum bullet diameter, minimum draw weight, minimum arrow length, minimum broadhead diameter, season dates, bag limits, buck or doe seasons/tags, hunting license prices, so on and so on and so on..
Hey captain obvious, if you didn't want to participate in the discussion, you could have kept your mouth shut and not looked stupid like you are. Of course its up to the state, we all know that, thats what were discussing. KEEP UP

Second, hunt with what every your state says you can hunt with during the rut. I hunt with my rifle during the Rut every year down here in Florida because I can. I shot my largest deer to date during the rut with my .270. But if i were limited to archery equipment then I'd buy archery equipment if I wanted to hunt.

Whether he is Joe Hunter or Joe Army Hunter doesn't matter. If he wants to hunt in the rut he is going to have to go to some sporting goods store in one of the 50 states and plop down $500 - $1000 for either a gun, ML or bow set up depending on what your state allows.
Before archery made its comeback, most sportsman homes had a rifle to be used for deer hunting. All of mine did. Rifles passed down. But to protect your industry, now you want the hunter to go and spend a pile more. Kinda like a Bigbulls goverment bailout I guess. In other words for those that have trouble keeping up, the rifle was the norm. And for those who have issues keeping up, if you had some experience under your belt, you would realize most states cater the rut around archery gear. But obviously you didn't know that, you only know flordia. Geez, real shocker.

Feel free to quote where I said that I am for magnified scopes on archery equipment. As far as red dots go I am pretty sure they are legal in nearly every state on the other style of bows. I know that they are here in Florida and Alabama.

Nice attempt at putting words in my mouth.
Try harder next time because this time you FAIL.
BB, what do you think most arrow gun hunters are putting on thier arrow guns? Tell yourself whatever you need to help you feel brighter. You need all the help you can get.