HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So crossbow are legal now......
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 07:40 PM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

I am down to one. Keep toying with selling. Owned a few dozen, but I sure don't think that takes away from my arguement. For me to own one and kill more deer than I could count with it, helps me understand how perverted its got. Hense the reason I started making my own.
So what you are saying is that you are the big hypocrite on this thread and now you are a traditional bow elitist? It takes everything away from your argument. You CHOSE to make your bows yourself and hunt with them. That was your CHOICE. But only after you CHOSE to be a bow "pervert"

So BB how would dealers like a weapon of choice season?
Dealers of what? Guns or bows?

BC, your one season argument is just silly. I don't think that any dealers or hunters, gun or bow, would want a single hunting season and no one is advocating such a thing other than you. Is this what you want? You seem to be the only one here arguing for it. A single, anything goes season would kill profits of gun and bow shops allike and would kill the overall number of hunters... both established hunters and new hunters. I think it would have exactly the opposite efect of what you are trying to argue.

It's very simple really. Archery, ML and general gun. What's so friggin hard about that?

If it uses limbs and a string to propel an arrow then it belongs in archery season. You don't have to use any particular one if you don't want to. You can use your self made bows and Billy Bob can use his compound or crossbow.

If you must load the gun by drop the powder and bullet down the front of the barrel then it belongs in ML season. You don't have to use a modern inline if you don't want to. You can use a flintlock if you choose and Billy Bob can use a TC Encore.

If it fires a self contained cartridge that is made up of smokeless gunpowder, a case, bullet and primer then it belongs in the general gun season. Again you don't have to use one if you don't want to. You can use a 32-20 and Billy bob can use his 7mmSTW if he wants to.