HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So crossbow are legal now......
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 12:48 PM
bigcountry

Exactly, this is the point I am making that x-bowers run from. If they feel they should be allowed in archery season, then so should the orange army by thier logic of deer mgmt and attracting hunters.

But its not about personal rights and goverment control, is it. Its about the bow manufactures, and muzzleloader industry and gun industry. Imagine if it was like Newfoundland where you had just "moose season". You would have few bowyers. But I guarantee you most of the bow shops and muzzleloading companies would go out of business.

So I keep asking this question and no proponents of xbow will answer. What is the reasonings for separate seasons in the US? I know the answer.

Archers want the xbowers out so they have the rut to themselves. Xbowers want part of the action of rut, but don't want to take the time to master the bow. But neither of them want the orange army because then it would ruin the rut for them. None of the hunter industry mfg or shops want it to be an open season, so they can hock thier goods on sportsman. So we all have rifles, slugguns, crossbows, compounds, you name it.

Originally Posted by Davoh
If you want to argue what is and isn't traditional, then by all means do so with whomever you want. But the application of such logic to whether or not someone should be "ALLOWED" to do something, is in fact illogical.

Bottom line, it doesn't hurt you, the deer, or anything else in the world. Therefore, the government has no place preventing people from doing so, based on your opinion of what is and is not traditional...

Ethics and morality are social concerns, NOT LEGAL CONCERNS.

If you want to buy land, and have it be stick bows only, THEN BY ALL MEANS. But public land, and even leased land, you have no right to deny someone else something based on you PERSONAL opinion.

It is just like walking down the street, you dont have to like the Jones' kids, with their mohawk haircuts and hole-ridden jeans, but they've just as much a right to wear their clothes, as you do to wear clothes of your own preference.

I'm a mustang lover... particularly the 64-68... and I have a soft spot for the restoration to original specs, for not opting for modern amenities and performance parts... But I'm not going to hate on someone for droping a 427 cobrajet motor in a 64 coupe, or for people driving camaros and 'cudas...

Same premise.

Soapbox relinquished...

Last edited by bigcountry; 06-23-2010 at 12:52 PM.