HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buck Behavior - Will I see him again?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 09:53 AM
A11en
Typical Buck

Default Buck Behavior - Will I see him again?

I bowhunt a small tract of urban woods near my house. I attract them using corn (its legal). Last year, I shot a doe opening day and the rest of the season, focused on a 7 point I saw on my trail cam.

Last season, I shot under the 7 point due to miss judging distance. The arrow flight was perfect left to right so I thought I made a great shot. The arrow was clean, but I decided to look a little closer. After walking just 20 yards toward the bucks escape route and he saw me and snorted while running off. That was the last time I hunted the spot last year.

Tuesday, I put out my trail cam in the same spot with some corn. I had 75 photo's in 3 days. All does and racoons. Last year I passed on numerous does, spikes, 4pts, and a 5pt in this spot. The 7pt is clearly the dominate buck. Not a monster, but the biggest deer behind my house.

My question is, will the buck associate this location (with corn) as danger after a year has passed. Will he show himself again. I do not believe there are any other bait sites in the area. I've only had the trail cam out for 3 days, so I know I'll have my answer in due time, just want to hear from others experiences with spooked deer.