HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - An explaination regarding the off season forum
Old 06-07-2010, 02:29 AM
NY Bowhunter
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by NY Bowhunter
Not entirely true IMO. There's a bigger portion that won't be back (or back for 2 minutes a week). And there's a bigger portion that had given up on HNI long before the off season was lifted. With the direction it was going which caused people to leave, and removing the off season, I don't think many of them will be back. Could be wrong but I don't see it happening.

I myself used to post A LOT in the off season (and bowhunting/Northeast) forums. For the past ......... I don't even know how long my time here was cut by about 98%. Now? Might be the 2nd time in a few weeks I even came here. Future? probably going to be roughly the same. I didn't even get caught up in all the bs that was going on either. Maybe a post here or there but certainly not many. I don't think I'm the minority either.

Not that this matters to anyone ... I get that. I'm just sayin.....
The majority of those members who have vowed they were done with HNI log in here almost every day.

Why have you cut your time here by 98%?
I cant really explain to you without a rules infraction. I tried typing it out but I would have violated 11.5 rules.

Best I can do is compare it to a restaurant. Say you've been going to one for years on a regular basis. Although you don't own it, you've become rather comfortable there. Everyone knows your name, you have your own table, waitresses know what you drink etc...

Through time you start noticing subtle changes. Your table is no longer your table. They've redecorated inside. Employees are wearing uniforms. At first you take it in stride and just shake your head a little bit, but try not to let it bother you. You continue going to your favorite restaurant and start noticing not so subtle changes. The food starts getting bad. The service is really bad. A whole new type of regular customers have developed.

Now... you've (and a lot of others) been a loyal customer to this restaurant for a lot of years. Things just aren't what they were and you don't enjoy the new atmosphere that has suddenly taken over the place. You can't quite understand it, cause the restaurant was packed every night with the way it was. You don't enjoy going there to a new look, terrible service, bad food and customers you don't know anymore. At some point you say to yourself see ya later there are plenty more places to eat.