HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sight options for a Marlin 336
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

I've gone full circle with this one..Certainly the factory sites are too dark for a morning or evening shot..Then I lost a buck of a lifetime in a thick swamp..too fast to put the glass on him..So I got the 58.00 Tru glo sites from Cabelas..They have mixed reviews..

You will need a small 3 sided file to put the front site on..be careful..many break it..The rear site is like a BB gun site...one screw hold the plastic on..It took me over 30 minutes to put them on my 336 Marlin..back site is easy..fropnt site is a pain..They are nice though...I went back and put my scope back on with see through rings..My 336 puts groups in the red at 100 yds using Winchester Hollow points..the tru glo sites are not bad either..about 3 inch groups..you will need very good fine motor skills to put the front site on..it presses on and must be filed to precession..be very carefull they are only plastic

Also..your rear site will need to be raised all the way up to zero in the bulls eye..over all rating of this site from 1 - 5 star...3 star
negatives...weak site..adjustment stinks..be careful pulling gun up the tree
positive..it does glo in low lighting..

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-05-2010 at 04:24 PM.