HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Depressed - Trail Cam STOLEN!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 11:44 AM
turkeygirl2
Fork Horn

Unhappy Depressed - Trail Cam STOLEN!

Last Tuesday I stopped in front of my Scoutguard 550 trail cam to get a photo of my jake I'd shot. Yesterday I went to check my camera and it was gone - sawed or cut off the tree - cable lock, security box, and all! So if anyone on here came down to hunt in Allegany County, NY, and stole a trail camera off land you weren't suppose to be on, return it

It was a graduation gift from my mom last spring when I graduated from nursing school. Now it's in the hands of some down right dirty people. Apparently, from the landowner - 2 guys got kicked off there the other day hunting, they had no permission. So I'm fairly positive that's who took it.

Looks like I'll be keeping whatever next trail cam I get in our little piece of woods, and maybe on the state land right by camp when I'm working there during the summer. I'd liek to hide it back over com deer season on the property I hunt, but I'm afraid to and my mom is telling me it's not going back over there...Geesh I'm 27, I can make my decision,lol.

Any trail cam suggestions? Looking at the SG 560V..I see Primos has some out...The Reconyx Hyperfire looks nice but not sure if I want to spend $450..I see Stealth has a few new small ones out. I want something I can lock up of course...Also any other suggestions to use for locking/chaining the cam to a tree would be helpful? Apparently the Python locks aren't so good after all....

Just a bit heartbroken...my first trail cam ever and I became a "victim".

Last edited by turkeygirl2; 05-12-2010 at 11:47 AM.