HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bedding/floating etc...
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 05:24 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

thanx RR! actually, although typically im a do it yourself kinda guy, i wasnt planning on doing this myself other than the finishing...

i'll have the stock fit to me and recoil pad put on..have it bedded and have the trigger done etc...

then when it comes home i'll finish the stock..

thats my plans anyways..i dont THINK it needs to be finished for a smith to do any of the work...and any minor marks he may put on the stock will be gone because i'll be finishing it after the work is done...

just hate the thought of a rifle stock ive never even fired in a clamp and jig and blah blah etc and coming out with oneeee tiny little ding that most people wouldnt notice lol...

it is a heavy barrel and always will be...26" heavy barrel to be exact...

like i said, weight and size have nothing to do with this rifle..so long as it doesnt take machinery to move it...lol...my next varminter will be light weight and a walk around type varminter and a smaller caliber (22 cal or less)..and this one will eventually become a larger caliber when i rebarrel it...but will always be a long range poker..a big heavy rifle that just plain out shoots...