HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Summit Hot Dot problem
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 10:46 AM
98Redline
Typical Buck

The Spot Hogg sights all have the same pin setup and ring assembly style.

The Right On is the bare bones sight. Each pin is individually adjustable up/down as well as in/out. There is a gang adjust, however you loosen the bolt, nudge it over a bit with your hand then tighten back down.

The Real Deal offers a micro adjust for both the vertical and horizontal gang adjust.

The Hunter Hoggit adds a better gang adjust mechanism (worm drive) as well as 3rd axis adjustment.

The Hoggit is the same as the Hunter Hoggit but offers the adjustable sight bar.

I would say that the Hunter Hoggit is the sweet spot between value and features. The 3rd axis adjustment becomes very important for your up/down hill shots.

My personal preference is the Hoggit. I prefer my sight a little farther out than the Hunter will allow. It also makes it nice to remove the sight as you only have to loosen one bolt.

One thing I can tell you for certain. They are absoloutely bomb proof. You eventually may "want" to buy another sight, but you certainly will not ever "need" to. I have accidentally stepped on mine (full body weight) and it simply didn't care or move. They are also a first class company to deal with.