HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrows $396.00 per DZ, stop the madness!!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:38 AM
PastorJim08
Nontypical Buck

bigbulls, there is some validity to your point about yesterdays wages vs. yesterdays prices but the the whole point of the original thread was to point out how things quickly can get out of control with each new gadget that comes along. At one time, I did fletch my own arrows and still have my jojan multifletcher but I have a very bad tremor which has gotten worse over the years so it's just easier and less messy for me to use the shrink-fletch. I also at one time used Muzzy broadheads but the Slick-Tricks flew better out of my set-up so I switched. And really, comparitivly, $25.00 for three broadheads is less than most you will find now a days. I don't use lighted nocks but there are a lot of guys who do and those things can really jack up the price per arrow. I really do think that carbon arrows can be a better value in the long run because they last longer but you have to stay away from the more expensive models. When it's time for me to replace arrows, I am going to go with the Cabelas arrows someone suggested in their earlier post. I really do believe in buying the best you can afford right up front because it's more expensive overall to try to buy cheaper products and then "work" your way up to the more expensive things. That takes research on your part to find out what is the best, not necessarily the most expensive. I have been down that road myself and that was a life-lesson learned for me. But overall, archery prices are really beginning to get out of control and we need to decide what we really need and leave the rest to the rich guys. Thank you for your imput.

Blessings.....Pastorjim