Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Arrows $396.00 per DZ, stop the madness!! >

Arrows $396.00 per DZ, stop the madness!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrows $396.00 per DZ, stop the madness!!

Old 04-19-2010, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrows $396.00 per DZ, stop the madness!!

Something occured to me this morning, the total price I am getting in a dozen arrows. I remember when you could get a dozen XX75 shafts for $34.00 and that included the inserts and nocks. Now I know with carbon arrows you don't need to replace them as often but the cost is just getting out of control. Here is a quick total on the cost of an arrow. I know there is some variation depending on your equipment but no matter how you look at it, it's getting rediculous. I shoot Carbon Express Maxima Hunters, price; 149.00 per dz. I shoot 100gr. Slick-Tricks, cost about $25 per three. I use NAP Shrink fletch, cost; $14.00 per six. If you add in a lighted nock, you are adding another $10.00 per arrow, which brings the grand total to about $33.00 per arrow or $396.00 per dozen! Where does it end? Oh well, that's my rant for a Monday.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 04-19-2010, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

I agree,The price is getting crazy! But it isn't just arrows its pretty much all archery equipment.
I can remember when the price of the top of the line bow was under $400 now that will hardly get you into the sport!
And unlike buying a high $ firearm that basicly stays the same from year to year,if you want to keep up with the ever changing bow market you will pretty much have to buy a new one every year or so!
But we're all addicted and our suppliers know will be back for more!
And besides its one way to keep the wife from going shopping,just tell her ok as long as I can go to the bow shop!...lol
Old 04-19-2010, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jim,
Let me let YOU in on a little secret......a lot of that stuff is money thrown AWAY!!! Point being, I shoot arrows that I pay about $62/dozen, and the only thing I do is put a ST BH on the tip. And I've only lost TWO of them in 3 yrs, and both were my fault. I've heard guys say you have to pay $$$ for quality, but that just ain't true!!! Look at these couple pic's. I've done this 15 times, to these "cheap" arrows, and I just busted one this morning, not a RH, but REAL close.....And these were $62/dozen all total!!!!

If I'd taken pics, I could shot you 13 more just like 'em, shot with a total of 5 different bows. Now read my signature line and see what they are. And they're just on sale for $49.99/dozen, raw shafts RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm not CHEAP, I'm THRIFTY, or so I'd like to think.....
Old 04-19-2010, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

OH, I completely agree with you. It just seems we see the latest and greatest and it creeps up on you little by little until you are up to $33 per arrow. It will continue until WE stop the madness and decide we've had enough. After looking at my own numbers this morning, I am going to look at each and everything I purchase and at least stop the madness with my own stuff.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 04-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
It will continue until WE stop the madness and decide we've had enough. After looking at my own numbers this morning, I am going to look at each and everything I purchase and at least stop the madness with my own stuff.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Amen to that! I simply never started the madness in the first place. I agree with OHbowhunter. If it makes a guy happy to buy the most expensive gear he can get his hands on, more power to him, but it isn't necessary to be successful. Personally, I have better things to spend my money on.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dang, glad I still shoot aluminum...
Old 04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Site Buck Guru

I still shoot aluminums, XX78's with a 3 - blade. I cut and fletch my own for about $10/ arrow or $120/dz. all set up with BH's. This arrow suits all of my bowhunting needs at a price I can live with. I don't go out of my way to search for the best deals though. I patronize a small, local family owned shop. I've been with them since 1983. It's fun.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:59 PM
bigcountry

still cheaper than blowing off 30 dollars of ammo a week. I mean, I bet you can get 500 shots/arrow or more.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good field arrows are over 300$ per dozen bare shafts!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
still cheaper than blowing off 30 dollars of ammo a week. I mean, I bet you can get 500 shots/arrow or more.
Exactly! If you look at cost per shot then you are talking pennies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.