HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Real eye opener
Thread: Real eye opener
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Bailsuk
Nontypical Buck

Default Real eye opener

Well yesterday I met up with a group of my Fellow British Bowhunter Buddies , Gary , Jon Mark and Martyn ( 2 of which are coming to Colorado with myself this Fall ) for a days Arrow flinging and piss taking at the Bowhunting Simulator and boy oh boy did it make me realise what a challenge going Traditional was .

I was the only Trad shooter to go and I was hit with the reality of arrow speed difference between Compound and Longbow , I was up against a PSE Bowmadness , Vendetta and Bowtech General , I had forgoten just how much faster a compound actually is . The banter never stopped form the moment we started till we went home 4hours later . Gary commented at 1 point that he could run down the range and catch my arrow before it hit the target ..... Ba$!ard LOL .

I held my own against them and made some great shots , but also made a couple of bad releases . In all it was a great day and came back realising what a challenge I have taken on by going Trad for my Bowhunting , but also realise that I'm a little better than I gave myself credit for and I am 100% confident that if everything falls into place this September , there will be Elk steak in camp again this year .

Just thought i would share .