HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Egg-laying phase: Any tactics or suggestions?
Old 04-07-2010, 05:02 AM
cjgjr
Fork Horn

What has worked for me in the past is,I have set up about 35-40 yrds from where hens would lay eggs. And had gobblers come following a hen to her eggs struttn etc.Even though the hen didnt want anything to do with the tom!And to really get a hen ticked off and cackling etc.Is same setup and aggresive cutting!!Ive got in a shouting match with some real hens cause i was intruding near their eggs,and that would bring a nearby gobbler running in.The toms gobbled sometimes,but once or twice.Sometimes jst came in silent.No better decoy then a real hen trolling thru the woods to go to her eggs,And they have to get to them jst got to wait it out.And once a tom sees a hen hes like a dog on a leash most of the time.LOL.
Hope this helps,Just sayn it has worked for me many times to take late season gobblers!!Ps,not sure if its legal to hunt knowing your near eggs etc in your area,Dont know if thats considered baiting???LOL..
Good luck,and have fun..