HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow questions
Thread: Arrow questions
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 04:34 PM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

I think the other guys have missed something. Both the arrows you mention have a spine of .400" or close to it. The fact that your draw length is 26.5" and the arrows are 26" makes either arrow almost ideal.

If you were shooting either at 28" or more I might agree with the other guys. However, at the shorter length they should work absolutely fine.

And for what it's worth, I shoot 26.5" draw and 26" arrows with lighter points (80 gr) and can shoot a 500 spine up to about 63#. They bare shaft tune and paper tune to perfection.

I do know that people say to err on the stiff side with arrow spine, but I disagree with this, too. The whole routine of tuning a bow/arrow combination is to get the two matched. That means playing with point weight, arrow length, fletching styles, etc. It also means being mentally flexible about the bow, meaning willing to adjust the draw weight. If you do this and tune properly there is no such thing as "err on the stiff side". The combination would be as perfectly matched as you are capable of.