HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow questions
Thread: Arrow questions
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Krypt Keeper
Typical Buck

Default Arrow questions

Back into shooting a compound bow after not touching one in 15 yrs, and never hunted with one just back yard shooting. So I am learning a lot and I am sure I will be asking lots of questions.

I am shooting a Redhead Kronik set at 65# 26.5" draw and arrows cut to 26" Just getting back into shooting I went with some cheaper arrows to practice with and not worry too much if a few got destroyed in the process. The arrows are Red Head Carbon Fury, 4560 with 100gr tips. According to their scale chart this arrow is fine for my poundage and arrow length.

Talking with a coworker who is big into bow hunting he mentioned that they are probably under spined. I don't have a problem with them shooting and group nicely out to 40 yards. Won't be shooting anything past that for where I hunt.

I do plan on getting some Gold Tips XT Hunter arrows 5575 for actual hunting. Again the scale chart for them show they are ok for my poundage and arrow legnth.

So going on my current set up and what arrows I plan to use is everything good or should I be changing a few things?

I really appreciate the help.

Dave