HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wanting To Purchase A 2010 ATV
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:10 AM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

As Champ points out his 450 is plenty adequate for the jobs he has. And that is the case for many. A nice mid-size quad is plenty. (listen to me with a 700 - LOL) But for what it's worth it is true.

And that is exactly what I told a guy here in town. He had been out to the ATV park last year with some other guys and had been riding whatever he could borrow. So he wanted his own machine. I told him go mid size cause he's not too big or heavy at all. Told him go with a brand name and look at the used stuff all over out there and save alot of money especially becuase he'll probobly move up in a year, maybe two.

So what does he do? He buys a brand new KYMCO! A 375 for $6000 w/tax. I didn't say anything. I asked him if he looked on ebay and he says he did but he didn't want to waste time and gas driving around going thru them and this Kymco has a whole year warranty. Said it looked nicer and alot more shiny than the Suzuki and Hondas he looked at.

I guess he didn't realize that he could have bought something like a new Grizzly, Rancher or Prairie for the same money and had a machine with alot of years of track record under it's belt.

Oh well. Live and learn. We'll see how that thing fairs on the trails.