HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - is whisker biscuit a good choice
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 11:04 AM
Arrroman

Default RE: is whisker biscuit a good choice

Joe PA: I have an MT Sport with a Droptine Whisker Biscuit, its set at 60# with the limbs at max, the arrow is nocked at 90degrees to the bowstring. I also shoot an Icon with a Deluxe Whisker Biscuit at 60#, the limbs are backed off evenly three turns from max for an even tiller, and the arrow is nocked at 90degrees. My Martin Fury has a Droptine Whisker biscuit, is set at 70# with both limbs at max, and the nock point is about 1/16" high. All these bows shoot a level arrow and they all have shot Turbos. I have read the Easton Tuning guide over a hundred times and while I think its a good read, I don' t think they cover anything about tiller. My first compound bow was a Browning Cobra and it didn' t have any limb bolts to adjust tiller with. I think a high nocking point is a habit we got from reading the Easton Guide and having to deal with fixed rests that needed the extra clearance to get good arrow flight. I can' t think of any compound bows made today that don' t have adjustable limb bolts. The Whisker Biscuit is the first rest that shows you from 360* around where the center of the rest is. It seems quite obvious to me that if you have a center you should aim your nock travel toward it and get good results. Good luck hunting!