Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 is whisker biscuit a good choice >

is whisker biscuit a good choice

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

is whisker biscuit a good choice

Old 09-03-2003, 03:46 PM

Default is whisker biscuit a good choice

my golden key futera messed up.so here is where i am at, i need a new rest season is sept 27,need rest quick, i heard good things about the whisker biscuit.
are they a good rest i need one that is easy to tune, silent. but what is all about this trimming on the rest.i like that once you have the arrow in it won' t fall off.

i shoot 2312 xx78 easton superslams
draw is 27
pull on bow is 55 might go higher

i have plastic vanes on my arrows will it where the vanes out .

need help quick
thanks clint
Old 09-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is whisker biscuit a good choice

[link]http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/searchpro.asp?phrase=whisker+biscuit&appid=19&topi creply=both&message=body&author=&timeframe=%3E&tim efilter=-180&language=single&top=50&criteria=AND[/link]

Here' s a search from the tech forum only!
Old 09-03-2003, 06:24 PM

BOBCAT,,I have scoffed at the WB for years.I bought one just about the day they hit my local pro shop.NEVER even shot an arrow through it.
When I tipped my bow down and let one of aluminum " logs' drop through it.The 5" helical vanes STOPPED the arrow.Talk about putting on the " brakes" .Well, this was NO GOOD to me and my already slow set up.I sold it to a freind for half. price,,,I' m good like that[:@]
Now, I' m shooting carbons and thought it was time to take ANOTHER look at the NEW and IMPROVED WB.All I can say for sure is that the WB and carbons are a MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN !!.I was very surprized at how well this rest handles carbons.I have not finished ALL of my testing, but so far, out to 30 yards,,,AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!.[:-]
Old 09-03-2003, 09:10 PM

Try one, you will like it. Accurate, easy to tune, low maintanance, and durable.

What more do you want from a rest.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:18 PM

I just put one on my bow. All I can say is that my bow shoots the best it ever has. My groups are just better. It does slow you down, but for hunting only I do not plan on changing anytime soon.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:19 PM

The whisker biscuit should have a loose arrow to biscuit fit in order to work properly. The aluminium size biscuit has a .36" hole and will work with up to 22XX size aluminium arrows. To use your 2312 arrows you would have to pull the biscuit apart at the split in the ring of the biscuit. This will make the hole bigger and create a homemade quickload version of the rest. Trimming the bowstring side of the rest flat does make the rest somewhat easier to tune. The whisker biscuit is very quiet and very accurate, its well worth the effort to figure it out. Good luck hunting!
Old 09-04-2003, 05:27 PM

dude if it were me and i shoot one with carbons work great love it . but if i was shooting alum. i would not shoot it. when yo0u draw your bow with it it drag the whiskers and noise the carbon did not do that.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:25 AM

I asked this question a couple weeks ago. Mostly got positive reviews. I am planning on getting one first chance I get
Old 09-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

I just got a quick shot rest for 2314 arrows. And my groups are tighter then they have ever been. Its an excellent rest to say the least.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Spike

In regards to Bassmaster 1200' s coment about aluminum arrows making noise, I have a guy who complained about that but had heard that you can spray silicone on the WB to quiet it down. I told him to be sure that his arrows were clean as that helps noise on other rests. Has anyone heard of a solution for the noise problem with aluminum arrows???
Vern

Quick Reply: is whisker biscuit a good choice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.