HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Loses Lawsuit- Jury Awards 2.1 Million
Old 03-11-2010, 04:38 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

The Toyota thing is a whole different ball game. You buy one of them and expect years of trouble free driving with routine mantaince as out lined in the owners manual. You do not expect to be on you way to work and the dam thing running away with you like a bee stung horse of the 18 hundreds. You also expect to be able to stop when you push the brake pedal too.

I admit I have not read a Knight manual but I have read two T/C manuals and 2 Remington ML manuals. In every one they spell out the correct loading of them, warnings of hot embers in the breech, Maxium loads for each rifle, and what to do if the charge does not go off.

Part of the reasons products cost so much is the insurance cost. Product Lilibilty and Malpratice for doctors. I fully under stand a law suit when a doctor leaves a clamp in side you. I understand a suit when a rifle barrel explodes with the 150gr. maxium charge the book says is safe. But a suit doing stupid stuff the manuals warn you not to do is crazy.
People who don't follow the manual may be should be forced to spend week ends reading manuals and explaining what each warning meens.

Al