HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - precision reloading....
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 07:05 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

hmmm...thats explained better than some site i tried to read about official group measuring...but i musta done it right...black(dark) edge to dark edge is i hair over 1"...1.1 or less..center of the hole to center of the other farthest hole is right aroung .74ish...so either method gets me there..and i guess if you go outside edge to outside edge and subtract a bullet diameter, its exact...but hard to find an edge unless you got nice black holes like mine lol..

but, from a pump gun, im not sure i can expect a whole heck of alot more....

i got 5 loaded the same...hopefully it shoots that well again...but i wont shoot again till i get my trigger spring in....hopefully here monday...

that group makes me happy...im not one to settle, but reality of it is, im shootin a factory pump gun...im new to handloading...and the rifle is still pretty new..i got around 40 through it now..(actually need to document that before i shoot more just so i know...one thing i havent been writting down..)

but if it shoots that well again, im happy...might mess around with seating depth just to see if i can steal a hair more from her....just because...lol...how many sub-moa pump guns do you hear of? lol..i personally know that alot of them can be very good shooters...but theres a major myth that the rem pump guns arent accurate at all...

just got my fingers crossed thats repeatable...hate driving to the range for fire a 5 shot group and leave...but nothing else shot close to what that did..2 or 3 other charges were 1"-1.25" or so(didnt measure them..) but that one was by far the best..so i wont waste bullets and recoil till i find out if that group is repeatable or not...so im gunna shoot 5 and see what she does...will take a few loads with the same charge seated differently incase it DOES shoot that good again and shoot those and see if i cant tighten it more...if it shoots poor, i'll just pull those and start over...