HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A "Hows my form" thread along with a robin hood :)
Old 02-23-2010, 05:17 AM
Pope94/IA
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by drockw
Your anchor isn't too ideal... It's pretty high, and a little bit back. It looks to me like it's not gonna be too good for overall consistency where your hand is on your face(it's too high). You are shooting good groups yes, but there's always room for form change.

Some people do anchor further back and shoot really well(even some pros), but being high like that is not good.

Your grip hand angle is nice. I like the minimal placement on the handle, but you have alot of tension in your hand and fingers still. Let your fingers fall down. Open/straight fingers= not good. It makes it easy to torque the bow left and right.

You seem like you have good posture and shoulder position as well.
When I was looking at the photos myself it looked kind of odd having my release up high. I've been shooting that way the past 5 years and its such a habit. Ill try working on it.

kdtanner228, I have the madness and I love it. I bought it right in the middle of deer season and only practiced with it for like a week and ended up shooting two deer with it the first weekend I had it. Its pretty much my dream bow. I agree it is very light. And it pretty quiet and shoots fast too.