Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
A "Hows my form" thread along with a robin hood :) >

A "Hows my form" thread along with a robin hood :)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A "Hows my form" thread along with a robin hood :)

Old 02-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A "Hows my form" thread along with a robin hood :)

Obviously I dont really need any changing to my form is im getting robin hoods... but what do you all think? I had one posted a year or two ago with my diamond rapture and I had pretty poor form. I feel much more comfortable with my new pse madness.

Does it look alright?

Side view

Front view

Angle view

Far away view. Yes that lightning bolt looking thing flying in the air is my arrow.

Group at 25 yards.

And last but not least... My 4th robin hood. I did this one about an hour ago and then I did another one this past friday. Two robin hoods in 3 days. Its amazing what compound bows are capable of.

This is how far it went in. I've never had one go in that far yet.

I also got a video of it..

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/l...0221013701.flv

Just so you know.. I wasn't video taping hoping to get a robin hood. I had my video camera there getting differant videos and pictures of the range me and my dad put together in our town halls basement. Its 30 yards long and will have multiple shooting lanes. Right now we just have this one. The black mat is a one inch rubber horse mat that we are using as a back stop. When we first bought it we thought no way will an arrow go through this. Well my dad just got a bow a week or two ago and never shot it so his first shot was over the deers back and into the black mat. Atleast half the arrow went through. We have some big cardboard bails coming in that we are going to put in front of the black mat and then have the black mat as a final backstop incase the arrow gets through the cardboard. I wouldn't recommend a horse mat to any of you guys because the arrows are harder than a bi*** to pull out. And you can smell the burnt rubber on your arrow.

Heres 3 of my 4 RHs. The one on the right was my first RH with my diamond rapture at #50. The middle was the one I did friday which was my 3rd RH. It was with my new PSE madness #60. The one on the left is my 4th RH which I did today. My 2nd one is out at our cabin.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your watching the video then be sure to turn your volume up. I enjoy hearing the sound of one arrow going through another.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Dude...is that a coffin? Where are you shooting?.....lol

If I was looking at photos of myself, I'd ONLY wonder why my fingers on my bow hand weren't relaxed. Honestly, I don't see anything else, and even that is minor.

Now...where ARE you shooting?
Old 02-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like Jeff said relax those fingers but your form looks pretty good but im not expert either. Also if you want to get real picky shorten up your release so your first knuckle of your index finger is touching the trigger when you release and not the tip. But i wouldnt worry too much about, looks like your doin good to me.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol yes that is a coffin...

Our town use to have a haunted house on halloween in the basement of the hall. Which is were we put up the range. Yeah it is kinda creepy shooting with that next to you.. me and my dad were thinking of moving it somewhere else so we couldn't see it.

I dont even use my fingers when im shooting. I just place the bow grip in between my thumb and my index finger and let it rest there. Last summer I was messing around and it seemed when I gripped the bow it made my shooting worse because after I shot I would move the bow. But I was trying differant things and I just tried putting it in the middle of my thumb and index finger and I shoot way better. After I shoot, the bow rotates forward and doesn't affect the arrow any.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe no one cares and you are still shooting very well, but I don't think it is good to have arrows with 2" and some with 3" vanes?
Old 02-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JNTURK
maybe no one cares and you are still shooting very well, but I don't think it is good to have arrows with 2" and some with 3" vanes?
Im not asking if people care... im asking for suggestions.

Yeah I know its not good having differant lengthed vanes.

The 2" ones were my arrows ive always been using but my grandparents bought me a dozen with the long vaned ones for christmas so im just using them for practice. They shoot a little differant but not enough to affect anything big.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Dominant Buck

What I'm telling you is.....your hand is MORE relaxed, when your finger tips are on the front of the riser.

But, like I said.....not a big deal.

Good luck.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
What I'm telling you is.....your hand is MORE relaxed, when your finger tips are on the front of the riser.

But, like I said.....not a big deal.

Good luck.
Ooooh. Okay I understand. Ill try relaxing them more tomorrow after school when I go in too shoot.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
Im not asking if people care... im asking for suggestions.

Yeah I know its not good having differant lengthed vanes.

The 2" ones were my arrows ive always been using but my grandparents bought me a dozen with the long vaned ones for christmas so im just using them for practice. They shoot a little differant but not enough to affect anything big.
Re-fletch the arrows so they all have the same make & model vane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.