HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever had problems with your Leupold?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:22 AM
bigcountry

I have sent back 2 leupolds to be repaired. One was a VariXII and another was a VariXIII. Both fogged up.

I have owned dozens. You won't find too many scopes that reliabily move thier recticle like a leupold for long range. I have tested several leupolds and if I move the scope up 6MOA, it moves 6MOA. As long as you keep the recticle centered and not near the edge of adjustment.

I have tested out burris signature, black diamonds, conquests, nikons mararchs.

The nikon was the only other that passed this test. In all fairness the conquests was not equipped with target turrets.

I was worried about the VXII because of thier 3 piece construction. But I was 23ft in a tree 2 years ago. My slug gun shoulder sling broke and was hanging on a hook, and the gun fell all the way to the bottom. Impact was hard, it thru out the shell. I climbed down figuring it was toast. But all was fine. Slight stock cracks. But figured sure it was off zero. Took a test shot at 30 yards, and hit a leaf. Next day went to the range and that thing was still zeroed. I never questioned the VX line again.