HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bowtech speed loss
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 04:23 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Tune, Cam sync, Cam orientation, arrow spine, tune, all effect the final speed.

In my experience when I get a BowTech setup and tuned I have been slightly better than the BC all things considered, and at the very least as good. I go over everything, or take it to someone that is experienced in tuning Binary Cam bows and see what they say.

Sounds like your tune could definitely be a factor. You can Not push an arrow sideways as fast as you can pushing that same weight arrow straight down the middle.

Most Destroyers I have had my hands on or I am aware of have been slightly better than the advertised IBO.

Dan
I'm in agreeance with Dan- You def need to make sure EVERYTHING is setup properly- the 340/350 I shot were right inline with BC speeds, as have been the last 4 BowTechs I've owned (one 08 and three 09s), along with Hoyt they are the only company in the past year that have made or exceeded speeds for all the bows I owned.

I have not played with the Destroyers enough to see how sensitive the cams are to synch and rotation. I know my Elite GT500 was EXTREMELY sensitive to proper synch- one twist out cost me 7 FPS on that bow. And not being in proper rotation could do anywhere from 8-14 FPS speed loss.

How far are you from Danville? I can reccomend someone in that area who is a hellatiously good tech, though he is not a Bowtech dealer.