HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does a Pa WCO
Thread: Does a Pa WCO
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 03:44 AM
Sylvan
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WCO R.W.J
I wasnt trying to insult anyones intelligence. And I surley am not prentending anything.
Well, you asked--"Why would you be afraid to attach your name to a complaint if it was true?" So either you truly don't understand why, which would make you extremely naive, or you were "pretending" to not understand. It's pretty hard for me to believe that you could truly be that naive. It's pretty easy for me to suspect a motive of pretending to not understand so you could smuggle in the idea that it would be so unheard of for an officer to seek retribution from someone filing a complaint that the thought never entered your mind. And in that, subtle as it might be, is where the insult lies. I doubt any reasonably intelligent person buys it.

Originally Posted by WCO R.W.J
As I said before if nobody does nothing about unaceptable behavior , then there is no chance its going to stop. I was raised to stand up for myself and I sure as heck would not stand by and do nothing. Sometimes it hard to do the right thing but to just throw you hands up and give up will change nothing.
Like I said before, I agree with this [after interpreting the double negative]. In fact it is a point I've been making all along. The expression "blue wall" came about for exactly this reason. When an LEO misbehaves, rather than stand up and do something about it, the "brotherhood" either looks the other way or even actively protects the culprit. How can an LEO even think about lecturing private citizens about standing up against law enforcement abuses when everybody knows about the infamous "blue wall"?.

Last edited by Sylvan; 02-05-2010 at 03:55 AM.