HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does a Pa WCO
Thread: Does a Pa WCO
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 05:38 PM
WCO R.W.J
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sylvan
Of course it's true that citizens should have courage and be willing stand against law enforcement abuses but I think you're pretty naive to not understand why someone would be afaid to file a complaint. Do you really find it incomprehensable that an LEO might seek some kind of retribution against someone filing a complaint? Have you ever seen the documentary film "The Largest Street Gang in America"? In it a fellow is secretly filmed entering various police stations around the country and simply, and politely, asks for a complaint form. He was often verbally abused, sometime threatened and once even cuffed and arrested.

The fact is, many (and the number is growing) citizens do not trust law enforcement. They see examples of abuse on the news and in the papers and sometimes even experience it first hand. Please don't insult our intelligence by pretending to not know why a person might be afraid to attach his name to a true and valid complaint.

I wasnt trying to insult anyones intelligence. And I surley am not prentending anything. As I said before if nobody does nothing about unaceptable behavior , then there is no chance its going to stop. I was raised to stand up for myself and I sure as heck would not stand by and do nothing. Sometimes it hard to do the right thing but to just throw you hands up and give up will change nothing.