HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help me choose a new bow
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 06:38 PM
diamondrack
Fork Horn

It sounds like your on the right path but just a little in-experienced with the archery world.. First, You shouldn't have someone else try and pick a bow for you.. There is enough info out there on the internet/forums/and pro shops to gear you toward a quality bow that may fit you.. BUT, you should be shooting many bows and doing your own research on what YOU feel is the best for you... If you planning on spending around $800--there are many fantastic bows out there for around that and even cheeper.. The Bowtech is going to run you around $900 plus another $50 or so in tax ($950ish out the door).. The Mathews Z7 in going to run around $800 plus another $40 or so in tax ($840ish)..These prices are naked and with decent accessory will run another $150-$250 on top... I have shot around 50 bows this fall/winter and I liked the Bowtech Destroyer 340 the best and the Mathews Z7 was a close second.. Yes, these two bows have got a lot of talk and have great reviews BUT you still need to go out and shoot different bows of different brand and find what works and fits you the best... The last thing you want to do is listen to someone tell you how great a bow is and go out and buy that bow when their could be a better fit for you..