HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does a Pa WCO
Thread: Does a Pa WCO
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 06:57 PM
WCO R.W.J
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
The PGC must like to drive in farmer's fields.

Several years ago during dove season a buddy of mine was hunting with a few of his buddies. They were parked in a field. In the middle of the field was a large, old oak tree. They were sitting in the shade of the tree when a GW came down the long lane/driveway.

He immediately drove through the field up to the oak tree. He jumped out shouting, "I want to see everyone's license right now!"

He check everyone's license and the shell capacity of each gun. He then went on a rant about parking the vehicle in the field below. He wanted to know who's vehile it was and said they would be getting a fine.

My buddy with the vehicle started to chuckle. The GW wasn't too happy when he did that and became more irrate. The GW started to write him up. In a very confrontational attitude, the GW wanted to know why he parked in the field. My buddy just shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know, I just did!"

When the GW ask where he was from, my buddy pointed to the house at the end of the lane. The GW had a shocked look on his face and then ask, "Do you own this property?"

My buddy nodded his head and said, "Yes, I do!"

The GW started to apologize. My buddy started to chew him out for driving through the field. Aking why he just couldn't have rolled down the window and ask about who's vehicle was there and if they had permission, rather than drive through the field.

The GW had a real change of attitude and kept saying he was sorry.

I don't know, maybe the PGC like to test out the 4WD on their vehicles by driving through farmer's fields.

That story doesnt add up. The only way a WCO can write a ticket for driving on fields is if its a SGL or a farm in the Co-op. If he was in the co-op program the WCO would have known the landowner.