HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Starting An Outfitter
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 10:52 PM
harris776
Spike

Middle Smithfield business owners Mal and Marge Law have a business plan that is uncommon these days. It's going full circle.

The owners of Starting Gate Action Sports, a seasonal outfitter, are liquidating their stock in a big sale this weekend, offering discounts of up to 50 percent off in some cases. After the sale, the business will move from its 5200 Milford Road location back to where it started — sharing the Pocono Indian Museum building about two miles farther north on Route 209. The store will reopen in June.

There are many reasons for the move that will lead to downsizing of space from the 10,000 square feet it occupied for the past 12 years to the tighter confines: reducing taxes and energy expenses.

"I have very mixed feelings," said Marge Law, who handles the apparel end while Mal handles the ski equipment. "People knew to come here. We worked hard to build this up."

"I'm looking forward to it," said Mal. "I'm comfortable at the old store and have more control because it's easier than running a business at two buildings."