HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Muzzle loader question
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 12:06 PM
OregonHunter5
Fork Horn

let me add, that my success with center fires has been great. im a pretty good shot with that browning. dang nice gun. but the reason for my possible change isnt becasue i am a pro hunter and have killed it all. not true. let me tell you that browning is why its hard to make a change. if i left it at home on a hunt, would be like kicking my son in the teeth. its like a family member. my folks gave it to me 20 years ago.
my reason for the change is, im kinda getting defiant with all these new hunting products. i feel like the smart animals will always have an advantage over us hunters because they are so smart. i also like the long range shooting thing. BUT, then again i think its gone to FAR. you see i hunt out here in the west where its a sneak or spot and stalk. so i am not a horn hunter, i am just a hunter. i guess i am to trigger happy. but when we start using trail cams, scent clothing, etc. you know all that crap, it just takes the fun out of it for me. i can afford to buy all that stuff, so its not that. i just think its great to see a dude pull a deer off the hill, while wearing a pair of jeans, flannel shirt, old boots, and a .30-.30 lever winchester on his back. im not exactly that guy, but you will never see me feeding deer. I am more Charles Ingals rather than Best of The West dudes.
i know some of these opinions will bug some of you maybe, but its just me being honest.
so thats why i am thinking of this change.