HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Game Camera Theives
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 09:34 PM
turkey guide
Fork Horn

Round here the local kids go drinking and 4-wheeling and poaching deer at night and drive all over the farm fields where they think they can get away with it. If they get near a camera the flash tells them that they are caught on multiple charges if they don't steal the game camera. Thats why I like the ones that send pictures automatically to a site that you can access by computer, and work without a flash. You already have at least one picture of them, and probably many more before they realize that stealing the camera won't help, and hide their face. If they go ahead and steal it, thats one more charge to add when they're caught by the pictures you got from the website.
I was talking to a couple kids lately who asked if a lot of people maybe poached on my land and I didn't know about it. I lied that I had these cameras everywhere and knew exactly who came and went and what time of day, and that if I kept seeing certain people who shouldn't be there, I was getting pissed enough to turn some pictures over to the game warden. One of the kids nodded and agreed that this was a good idea and the other looked like he was ready to bolt. So he is busted. The best thing is, he believed that I may have incriminating pics of him and probably his friends too, and he will tell all concerned to stay away from my land. The other great thing is that the other kid knows, and I'm sure they talked after I left, that I do have camera's around because his brother used to check them for me. Nobody knows if I'm bluffing or not, but why take the chance with your freedom? So, hopefully I've stopped some of the idiots from screwing around on my place.