HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Well I did it!
Thread: Well I did it!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:09 AM
PastorJim08
Nontypical Buck

Now I want to make sure we're on the same page here. The unit I had, had two seperate pieces, not counting the camera. there was a transmitter and receiver that you aligned that could be placed up to 90ft apart. I know they also made what they called a passive IR unit that was only piece plus the camera. I remember for deer, setting what I thought was a sensitivity control to five. The instructions also advised you to set it at different heights for different animals. Deer being 24in. The delay was variable but I seemed to remember having it on 1 minute. I actually got the IR units before I splurged for the camera. I thought that just counting the deer was great. But man when I added that camera, it opened up a whole new world. That thing really took awesome pics and the range on it was unbelievable. Plus you could take the camera out and use it for everyday if you wanted. If you get that thing fired up, try to post some pics from it. Good Luck!

Blessings.....Pastorjim

P.S. It just occured to me that you could set those things to take pics in designated time periods, I think that "p" might mean the p.m. setting so make sure that you have it to set to take pics around the clock. At least that's the way mine worked.

Last edited by PastorJim08; 01-04-2010 at 02:16 AM.