HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do You Recall Your First Deer?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 06:39 PM
pwrsrtk350
Typical Buck

It was the second to the last day of the 1993 Ohio shotgun season. I was 13 and my first year hunting. The morning turned out to be a rainy one but we went out anyway. About 1 hour into the morning I heard sounds coming from behind me to the right. As I look I see a doe trotting hard, then another, then another, then another. As I stood up in the treestand I see a buck trailing the 4 doe. When he gets perfect broadside to me, I let my 20 gauge Winchester do its job dropping him on the spot. I walk over to him to make sure he is dead then make my way to my stepdads treestand. When I get there his stand was empty. I head back to the building and there he was drinking coffee. He said he didnt want to deal with the ran anymore so he came inside. I said ok but could you handle the rain for a bit and help me get my buck? I have never seen a grown man jump up so fast.

As we get back there we find another hunter standing over my deer! After words are exchanged and the guy was ran off, we got my buck out of the woods.