HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do You Recall Your First Deer?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 08:52 PM
llpaintball
Fork Horn

oh yea, like it was yesterday. It was the first time my step-dad agreed let me sit by myself while hunting with him. He told me he was going to walk up the logging road and that he wouldnt be back till the sun went down. I remember I was so scared to be in the woods by myself after dark. and after he walked away thats all I kept thinking about. Well it was about 15 minutes before sundown and I was starting to get nervous, when I heard something coming from a thicket about 50 yards from me. I raised my 30-30 and as soon as I saw it was a deer I pulled the trigger. It was such a bad shot that I thought I missed him because after he ran off I walked to where I shot him and there was no blood. When my step dad got back to me it was dark and I was so scared he would be mad at me because I thought I had missed it. But he found a small amount of blood and I was so excited. We followed the blood trail for a long time, there was very little blood so my stepfather thought I had just nicked him or hit him high, but then 20 feet ahead lay my first deer. It was the best feeling I have ever had in my life when I saw that button buck laying there, to me it was just as good as any 10 pointer. I dont think any buck I ever get will measure up to that first deer.