HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 08:57 PM
bigbuckOO
Nontypical Buck

My season is over. I shot a doe last night that went 100 field dressed. Got it on a property that my brothers buddy took us to. 80 yard shot right at last light, dropped in it's tracks.

Went tonight in the snow to my main property that has been terrible this year. Sat on the ground and at about 5 pm had 3 does run up the fence row, jump in the woods at 10 yards and nearly run me over. At this point i take out my cell phone and text my brother about it because he had left the woods early due to the neighbors target shooting behind us and thought the night would be a bust. As im texting him i keep hearing something in front of me, but i pass it off as a squirrel. I finish texting and hit send, close the phone, look up and there stands a buck at 40 yards lol. I shot it and it went 30 yards and fell. He's not the big one i seen way back in bow season, but he will work. I had an empty freezer on Thursday for the first time in years and my wife was giving me the business about it. Feels good to fill er back up. Here are my deer.