Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread >

Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gonna try it this afternoon, i slept in this morning. Farmer was still picking corn as of last night. I'll shoot anything at this point as my freezer is void of deer meat for the first time in a long time.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Spike

hit a doe sat. afternoon after gettin home from bass pro. waited about an hour went back to check things out and found good blood for about 30 yards and then trail just stopped and couldnt find her
Old 12-07-2009, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

Took out doe number 5 Sunday morning in Jefferson Co.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw 4 run out of the corn that was being picked Saturday afternoon, not in range however. Went to the Colts game yesterday so did not get to hunt. Going to try and get out this afternoon, little bit of snow out there.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Spike

hows everyones ml season going so far?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Spike

parke county, all i have to say
Attached Thumbnails Official 2009 Indiana Deer Season Thread-noah-codys-bucks-2009-010.jpg  
Old 12-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Spike

nice bucks. i havent had no luck this year gun or ml season. saw 5 does 2 the last saturday of gunseason and 3 opening day of ml. hit one doe and tracked it for 30-40 yds but it got to dark. ran on the farm next to ours. we called the guy thats owns it and he wouldnt allow us to look
Old 12-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Finally going to get a chance to hunt with my muzzleloader for the first time tomorrow. I must like punishing myself, because I am going to go sit outside tomorrow morning even though I know it will be really darn cold. I am going to be using every type of hand and footwarmer I have though. Foot warmers, toe warmers, body warmers, and hand warmers. I think I should be good to go.

This is just one of the only chances I have this week to get out there with the muzzleloader. This is going to be my weapon of choice tomorrow. My .58 cal flintlock. It is probably going to feel like a ice block in my hands. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...5ff&id=6818784

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...b76&id=6818784
Old 12-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

My season is over. I shot a doe last night that went 100 field dressed. Got it on a property that my brothers buddy took us to. 80 yard shot right at last light, dropped in it's tracks.

Went tonight in the snow to my main property that has been terrible this year. Sat on the ground and at about 5 pm had 3 does run up the fence row, jump in the woods at 10 yards and nearly run me over. At this point i take out my cell phone and text my brother about it because he had left the woods early due to the neighbors target shooting behind us and thought the night would be a bust. As im texting him i keep hearing something in front of me, but i pass it off as a squirrel. I finish texting and hit send, close the phone, look up and there stands a buck at 40 yards lol. I shot it and it went 30 yards and fell. He's not the big one i seen way back in bow season, but he will work. I had an empty freezer on Thursday for the first time in years and my wife was giving me the business about it. Feels good to fill er back up. Here are my deer.