HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - going to a high fence what can i expect?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 04:30 AM
sebastian slim
Spike

With the decline of public land hunting, , leased land, and anti-hunting legislation, high fence hunting may be the way of the future. I once hunted boar, at a high fence ranch. The hog hunting was pretty easy. We spent the rest of the time, watching exotic game. I really enjoyed the chance to see some unusual animals. Some species would be easy to take, while others would be much harder.

The hunting experience is often, what you make of it. I would do high fence hunting again. But next time, I would go after a more illusive species. If each hunter sets their own goals, it can be rewarding.

For example: I've already shot a 350 pound hog. Anything less, doesn't mean much to me. If they want me to shoot hogs, I would shoot a small meat hog, and leave the big ones for someone else. That way you avoid coming house empty handed, and you can hunt for something that would mean more to you. This is my first year deer hunting. Any whitetail would be a trophy to me. If you have shot a nice 8 point buck, hunt for something larger, and leave lesser deer for someone else.

Make it a good experience by not killing animals, just because you can.

Last edited by sebastian slim; 12-19-2009 at 05:33 AM.