HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is your Career? Your free time?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Bible_Man
Nontypical Buck

I am a full-time minister. I work primarily with the youth (they call me the youth minister) at the congregation I attend, but also do many other things. I absolutely love my job, and would venture to say that I have the most flexible hours possible. Some office time is expected, but more than that, I interact with people. Kids have school during the day and adults have work, so my time spent with teens/pre-teens and their families in the evenings is where many of my hours come in. As long as I am accomplishing all of the things I am responsible for, how I spend my time is mostly up to me. This gives me lots of time to hunt. Don't get me wrong...I work a lot. I just added up the time I have spent working this week so far, (lunch time on Friday) and it is at 51 hours. And the week is by no means over. But it is truly a blessing...I get paid to do what I love to do. Wish more people could find that in their lives.

As for free time, hunting takes almost all of it during season. I have almost no free time in the summer in my line of work, doing things with kids so much while they are out of school. I spend a good deal of time with my wife. This happens throughout the year now that she is getting into hunting as well! I play Halo 3 online with some friends from college once in a while. I love fantasy sports. I play guitar. I study Jesus' ministry so that I can be more effective in mine. That's about it I reckon.