HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Very inaccessible spot?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 10:42 AM
bigwhitetailbuck
Fork Horn

Default Very inaccessible spot?

A few weeks ago, after I shot my doe, I went for a nice long walk on my property in NY. It is 70 acres and we have owned it for 2 years. This is the first time I have EVER walked this part of the property. Next year, I am thinking about hunting it. The only problem is, it is the most inaccessible land I have ever walked. It is about a half a mile down my property and in some very very thick stuff. I'm talking serious prickers. Also, walking to the left or right is a bunch of very steep ravines... Some you can not even walk. But this is were I found the most amount of tracks on the property, and I am suspecting some serious bucks live in there. Next year I want to hunt it, but what should I do? I have an ATV and if possible Im going to make a trail down the hill to it, but I doubt it with all of the ravines. Also, what happens if I shoot a giant buck in there? Should I quarter it right in the woods? What would you guys do? Also, there are some streams in between the ravines. I think I am going to put my stand on top of one of the ravines over looking one of these streams. I would put my stand on the funnels going into the thick stuff, but the tracks are coming from every direction, and I want to be right in the middle of it.... Probably a hang on... Definetly wont be able to get a ladder stand in there, and the climber we are always moving.

What do you think?