HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help me choose a camera.
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:59 AM
PastorJim08
Nontypical Buck

I own two Moultrie I40s and I am mostly pleased with them. Their daytime pics are second to none, including my Reconyx, and for an IR camera the night-time photos are good. The battery life is phenomonol. I just brought one in last week, it's been out since April, and the batteries are still at 45%. There are some things I would change about them if I could though. First, as you mentioned, I wish it had better trigger speed. I always put an attractant down so I don't think I'm missing much but that is always something I have to keep in mind when I'm setting it up. Secondly, and this is an issue with all IR cameras, they like their light. In other words, as the foilage begins to come on more and more in the summer, the camera has a hard time distinguishing between light and dark. Sometimes it will take an IR pic when it should be taking a color pic. This especially true in the early AM daylight. I have had the cameras long enough to know to put them in places where they can "see" the most light. Other than those two issues I am completely satisfied with them. Would I buy them again, probably not, but that's only because the cameras have really advanced in the two years since I bought these. At the time they came out, there was nothing better in that price-range. I will post some pics from the I-40 so you have an example of them, plus I just like posting pictures.

Note the temp. in the pic. yet the camera still performed flawlessly.

Night-time IR pic.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Blessings.....Pastorjim