HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Took GF hunting part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Hunting Kuk
Nontypical Buck

We had been in the blind about 50 minutes on the first post I said 5 minutes....anyways I had seen that same buck a little bit earlier I am pretty sure but I wasnt sure so I didnt want to get her hopes up so I kept quite.We had 3 does out 40 yards in front of us and we were hearing what we thought were squirels behind us in some thick crap so we really didnt pay much attention after 3 minutes of listining to the elegid squirrel the "Squirrel"which was really the 5 point comes out...she saw it first and got my attention with her really deep breath's.....he was facing us for 10 minutes and I kept tellen her to wait...she was about to shoot it anyway when he finally found a doe to his liking and turned sideways I told her to get the gun up and put it behind his shoulder so she does really carefully...she takes the gun of safety and before I say O.K. she shoots he does a rear leg kick and as she sees him run off she amost crys and I see this and say "You got him!!"that scared the remaning deer away...so she screams we immediatly look for blood we trailed him 30 yards than I look up and see and deer in the field I told her it was him and told her we were going to give him time and eat something than come back(she didnt like that AT ALL!!)...we just got him worked up and we cut the horns off she is still here she wanted me to specify that it was a great shot!!anyways that is the story...I still think I am more excited than her!

Last edited by Hunting Kuk; 12-13-2009 at 02:12 PM.