HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage 3 Blade
Thread: Rage 3 Blade
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 06:50 PM
nwtrykon87
Fork Horn

im glad you like the 3 blade version.. i personally will never use them again.. used them last year and this year with poor results.. not blood trailing or wounds.. but penetration.. i have good reasoning behind my thoguhts not just blowin smoke without experience.. last year shot a big 8.. no pass through.. perfect broadside shot at 11 steps. from a ground blind. no blood.. but i had a clump of heart clogging the hole.. not upset there.. broadhead did its job.. this year another 8 point. 30 yards. broadside.. 6 inches of penetration.. and folks i shoot a trykon xl at 74 lbs shooting a 410 grain arrow.. i could blow through an elk with that setup. there is no reason i should no get passthrough.. brother had similiar results and we are twins so set up is the same.. as for your hole size.. not unheard up.. my roommate shot a doe with the 2 blade and it looked like he shot it with a samurai sword.. exit hole was 14 inches long. most likely the skin was stretched on the animal due to its body posture .. thats what i was told by the head guy at my archery shop