HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage 3 Blade
Thread: Rage 3 Blade
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 06:30 PM
txrvrbttmstlkr
Spike

Default Rage 3 Blade

I know alot of debate goes on about mechanical or fixed blade. That's not what this is about. It was my preferance to try these and it has paid off well for the past two years. I had an expirience though that I would like to share that happened two days ago. I am currently on a mission to fill my doe permits and my freezer. I had three does and a button buck show up on Thursday morning in a blistering cold 24 degrees. So I picked the oldest and biggest out of the bunch and sent a rage tipped meat missle on a picture perfect slightly quartering away shot. The doe ran gushing about 40 yds and rolled about 30 ft down a seasonal creek bank that luckily happened to be dry and that is where she expired. Now for the reason that we are discussing this.... when I got to her i found a VERY impressive entry wound. But when my wife, little boy and myself inspected the exit ( I like to invilve everyone my little girl was at preschool) there was about a six to seven inch hole. A HOLE that big? I couldn't believe it she looked like she had been shot by a Barrett .50 cal BMG. I have not expirienced this with these heads before. This could be that I possibly shot her with a head that had already been through one doe but I cannot confirm. One blade was bent upon arrow retrieval. Could this have caused this if the blades had been through one deer already or that the blade bent pretty good after hitting a rib? Just to be sure I replaced bent blade and all others with new ones. What is ya'lls opninion on what caused such a dramatic exit? They performed flawlessly and put her down within 40 yds. so I think they are well worth the money and a very good and accurate head.